Follow these steps to streamline your number porting request to Zendesk!
Sometimes the smallest of details can cause a delay with your talk porting request from being verified and confirmed for porting.
In order to streamline the process and avoid any unwanted delays between parties, we've listed below our best practices for you.
Before you start:
- Let your current carrier know to not disconnect the number until you tell them it's OK.
- Once a porting date is set by Zendesk, changing it can be difficult and cause potential issues. Don't initiate ports until you are ready.
- In order to keep your number active during the porting process, we recommend forwarding calls from your current provider to a phone number in your Zendesk Talk.
- All written documents need to be legible for submission to Zendesk. We recommend all documents to be in a typed format as opposed to handwritten.
- Ensure all documents such as copies of your most recent billing statement with your current carrier to be clearly legible also.
What to expect:
- Porting non-US numbers can take 6+ weeks to complete.
- We have no control over how long a port can take, however, we'll be there right by your side the whole way managing it for you with Zendesk.
- It's important to have any required IVR menus and greetings setup and prepared in Zendesk Talk in advance; so when the number does get ported in, you are ready to go live with it ASAP. Check out the 2 guides below for help on setting these up.