We know understanding the status can be a little tricky at first. Here's an easy walkthrough guide on how it all works.
What they are:
There are 5 active ticket statuses available in Zendesk for agents to use. Each one is linked to a particular colour to help you easily navigate your tickets and the status which they are currently in.
- NOTE: There is also 1 system status which is not directly available for agents to use. This is the "Closed" status.
What they mean:
Each status has a different meaning which is linked to the ticket lifecycle and determining what status the ticket is in.
- Brand new ticket request received from the customer
- Waiting for an agent to pick up the ticket to action
- Once the status has been changed from New, you cannot change the status back to New
- This means the agent is waiting for a reply from the customer. No further action required from the agent at this point
- When an agent sends a reply on the ticket to the customer, they set the ticket to pending
- This means there is a new reply on the ticket from the customer
- When a customer replied to a ticket, the status will move from Pending to Open indicating to the agent there is a new reply for them to look at
- This means the ticket is awaiting a reply from a 3rd party before the agent can proceed further
- This status is optional and requires activation
- The agent will set the ticket to Solved when they have finished actioning the ticket
- The ticket can be re-opened if needed by agent or customer
- This means the ticket is in an "archived" state.
- The ticket is locked, and no further edits can be made
- If a reply is sent to a Closed ticket, a new follow-up ticket will be created.
Check out the following Zendesk Guides for more in-depth details