Migrating a number from Freshdesk to Zendesk is a relatively quick & easy exercise. The porting process can take approximately 24 - 48 hours once the request has been submitted to Zendesk and actioned by a Zendesk Support team member (via the email address email@example.com).
Below is a list of information required for the request:
- The phone number(s) you want like to port. - If you have more than one, please list all the numbers which you would like to port over to Zendesk.
- Does the carrier use Twilio? - Yes, Freshdesk uses Twilio; which is the same service provider that Zendesk currently use.
- The country for the phone number(s).
- Your most recent billing statement for the number.
- FreshDesk SID: Please reach out to FreshDesk Support and ask them for your Twilio SID number. This from them so Twilio can port your number from the particular Twilio account under Freshdesk, to a new account under Zendesk with Twilio. (This is where the magic happens 😉)
- If the number to be ported is a mobile number, you'll need to submit your account details and PIN number in the porting request.
Things to note:
1. The above steps could also apply to any other online platforms which may also use Twilio as their service provider.
2. For more in-depth details regarding the number porting process, please refer to the Zendesk guide here: Porting number for Zendesk Talk