The Zendesk Proactive Tickets app allows you to send an outbound campaign (a group of proactive outbound email notifications) from your Zendesk to a cohort of your customers.
Aside from using the Customer Lists add-on from Zendesk to create your customer list for the campaign, there are is another way you can achieve this.
Note: This is achievable with the Free plan of the Proactive Tickets app in the Zendesk Marketplace
Download the app here.
Create your list of users to send out the campaign
There are certain ways you can create the user list for your campaign:
- Using the standard search criteria: You can use any of the fields below to search for users.
- Custom Field
- Tags: You can search for any tag which may be saved against a user profile to pull all users with that specific tag for the campaign
- Uploading your own list: If you have a list of users, where some may already be in Zendesk, and some may not be. You can create a list to upload to Zendesk which contains a specific tag that will be added to the user’s profile.
- Bulk upload user document available for download at the bottom of this article.
- Simply populate the bulk upload user document with the user’s name, email address and a unique tag to identify this particular use for the campaign. Tag example: campaign_211120 - this example tag contains the date as a unique identifier.
- Once the list is ready we need to do a bulk upload to Zendesk
- Admin > People > Bulk User Import > Follow the prompts to upload your document.
- More details can be found here on Bulk Importing Users to Zendesk if needed.
- Ensure the “Update existing Users” checkbox is selected in the upload window. This will allow existing user profiles to be updated with the new unique campaign tag, along with new user profiles being created for those who are not existing in the Zendesk yet.
- Click upload.
- You will receive an email in your email inbox once the upload has been completed.
- If the upload IS successful: you can now head over to the Proactive Tickets app to begin creating your campaign mailout.
- If the upload IS NOT successful: The email notification you receive will contain a CSV file. Within this file, it will tell you where the issue went wrong so you can resolve it and re-upload again from there.
Create a proactive ticket campaign
- Click the Proactive Tickets () icon in the left navigation bar.
- Choose search criteria to create a filtered list of customers.
- Enter a unique name in the Name your campaign field. The name will be added as a tag to all the tickets for this campaign. You can use this tag to create custom reports.
- Enter remaining details, like the subject, description, ticket status, and assignee, in the Create your proactive ticket section.
- Select a macro to run on the proactive tickets as they are created (Basic Plan only)
- Click Next to preview your proactive ticket.
- Review your proactive ticket details and click Send to send your campaign.
- Once your tickets are all created, a confirmation page appears. Additionally, Zendesk will automatically create a ticket view for your campaign. Click Go to ticket view and use that dedicated view to manage your proactive tickets.
Zendesk creates proactive tickets at a rate limit of 200 tickets per minute. Depending on how many proactive tickets you're creating, it might take a few minutes for your entire campaign to run. Please do not leave the screen during this time.
Full reference available here: Installing and using the Proactive Tickets app