You've received a ticket via Facebook Messenger in your Zendesk from a customer and would like to send them back an attachment... what next and how do you do this you say?!?!
This attachment could be a picture of the product in question, or perhaps a PDF document that you would like to send your customer. In order to achieve this, you will need to add Facebook Messenger to the Zendesk Agent workspace.
Once you've configured the Facebook Messenger integration via the Agent workspace, you'll be able to drag and drop attachments directly onto Facebook Messenger tickets to send them to your customer.
- Facebook Messaging (Direct Messages) implementation is different in Zendesk compared to setting up Facebook for public messaging e.g Wall posts and comments.
- You must have the Zendesk Agent Workspace enabled
- If you have an existing Facebook integration that was set up in Support (instead of Admin Center) and private messaging with Facebook Messenger is enabled, please follow the Zendesk Guide instead: Migrating social messaging channels to the Zendesk Agent Workspace (Facebook Messenger, Twitter DM).
Add a Facebook Messenger channel to the Zendesk Agent Workspace
- In Admin Center, click Channels in the sidebar, then select Messaging and social > Messaging.
- Click Add channel and select Facebook Messenger.
- From the Add Facebook Messenger screen, click Continue with Facebook.
- When prompted, log in to your Facebook account as a user with Admin permissions for all accounts being added, then follow the on-screen instructions to authorize Zendesk to use your Facebook account.
- Select all the Facebook pages you want to manage in Zendesk, and ensure page permissions are toggled to Yes.
- On the Add Facebook Messenger screen, choose a Facebook page from the list and then click Next.
- Click Add channel.
When the channel connects successfully, a Channel added message appears.
- Enter a Channel name.
- If your account has multiple brands, select a Brand to associate with the channel.
- Click Save settings.
Now you will be able to drag and drop your attachment directly onto the Facebook Messenger ticket to send through to your customer.
For full details please see the Zendesk Guide: Adding Facebook Messenger to the Zendesk Agent Workspace