Follow these steps to streamline your number porting request to Zendesk!
Sometimes the smallest of details can cause a delay with your talk porting request from being verified and confirmed for porting. In order to streamline the process and avoid any unwanted delays between parties, we've listed below our best practices for you.
Before you start:
- Download the Letter of Authorization from the Zendesk website (search google to get the location), and make sure you have the correct version for your region.
- Ask your current carrier keep the number connected until you tell them it's OK.
- Once a porting date is set by Zendesk, changing it can be difficult and cause potential issues. Don't initiate ports until you are absolutely ready for them.
- In order to keep your number active during the porting process, we recommend forwarding calls from your current provider's number to a newly setup phone number in your Zendesk Talk until the port is completed.
- All written documents need to be legible for submission to Zendesk. We recommend all documents to be in a typed format as opposed to handwritten.
- Ensure you include all relevant documentation such as copies of your most recent billing statement with your current carrier, to avoid the application rejection.
What to expect:
- Porting non-US numbers can take 6+ weeks to complete.
- Zendesk and its partners unfortunately have no control over how long a port can take, however, we'll be there right by your side the whole way managing it for you with Zendesk.
- It's important to have any required IVR menus and greetings setup and prepared in Zendesk Talk in advance; so when the number does get ported in, you can immediately enable it. Check out the 2 guides below for help on setting these up.