- Suspending an agent will not remove them from the Zendesk
- The agent still occupies a paid agent seat on the Zendesk
It is best to first downgrade the agent from an agent role to an end-user role on their user profile. You can also suspend them as an end-user from being able to contact your Zendesk.
- Navigate to the agent's profile in Zendesk
- Downgrade the agent's role to End-user - this will release the agent seat so you can reuse it with a new agent.
- Unsuspend the user (optional) - If the user is also a customer to your company, leave them as an unsuspended end-user so they can still contact your Zendesk for help if they require it.