Porting a number to Zendesk from an external carrier can be a relatively smooth exercise. Just make sure you provide all of the required information and cover all of the bases recommended.
Once the request has been submitted to Zendesk and actioned by a Zendesk Support team member, the estimated porting duration times are as follows:
- US & Canada numbers: approx 1 - 4 weeks
- International numbers: approx 4 - 6 weeks +
Below is a list of information required for the request:
- The phone number(s) you want like to port. - If you have more than one, please list all the numbers which you would like to port over to Zendesk.
- Does the carrier use Twilio? - Yes, Freshdesk uses Twilio; which is the same carrier that Zendesk currently uses.
- The country for the phone number(s).
- Your most recent billing statement for the number.
- Include the Twilio Letter of Authorization form. - If you are porting from a different country, our team will reach out to you for any additional forms we may need.
- Australia - Letter of Authorization form
- New Zealand - Letter of Authorization form
- USA - Letter of Authorization form
- For other international countries not listed above, please let us know and we will provide you with the correct form.
- The above forms are also available for download at the bottom of this article
- If the number to be ported is a cellphone number, you'll need to submit your account details and PIN number in the porting request
We also recommend for you to check out our guide on streamlining your porting request here before you begin the porting process.
Things to note:
1. The above steps also apply to any other online platforms which may also use Twilio as their voice provider
2. For more in-depth details regarding the number porting process, please refer to the Zendesk guide here: Porting number for Zendesk Talk