The Search Hero block is visible on the homepage and allows users to search for content on your help center.
This article covers the following topics:
- Updating the Search Hero settings
- Available settings
- Settings glossary
- Other settings
Updating the Search Hero settings
- In Guide, click the Customize design icon () in the sidebar.
- Click Customize in the Astro theme to update it. The theme page opens.
- In the Settings panel, click Search Settings.
|Instant Search||This controls whether the automatic pop-up will display when you begin typing into the search bar.|
|Search Category Type||
This bypasses the default behaviour of displaying the 'Type' of search result and instead assumes there are only articles within the Help Center.
TIP: Turning this on is recommended for Help Centers which only have articles.
|Persistent Hero||This changes the Search hero to be displayed only on the home page, for all other pages only a shorter version of the Hero image will be displayed|
|Search Recommendations||Search Recommendations are manually set recommendations of search terms. These should be based on commonly searched words to make it easier for the user to display results. A great source of truth for commonly searched terms is within Explore under the Guide Dashboard.|
- Text Color: The color of the Hero text shown in the Search Hero is controlled within the 🎨 Colors panel, under 'Hero title text color'.
- Image: The image is applied in the 🖼 Images panel.